Friday, July 3, 2009

Miss Say Reviews: The Pink Panther 2

I watched The Pink Panther 2 on the flight today. In fact, the flight seem so long I had time to watch two (and a half) movies, have my meal, play computer game, sleep, etc. Anyway, I decided to review The Pink Panther 2 because IT IS JUST SO HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing all the time! I am normally well-behaved and very low profile on my flights, I promise you. After seeing how amused I was by movie, the girl sitting next to me told me she had to watch it too!

Alright, the movie plot may be a tad weak -- just like the first Pink Panther. But hey, it's a comedy so let's not get too serious! Steve Martin almost perfected the heavily French-accented English. It is frustrating just as it is endearing to watch him (as Inspector Clouseau) humiliate himself unwittingly. The jokes, omigosh, those how-did-you-come-up-with-that-stuff jokes got me rolling around the floor aisle in uncontrollable laughter. Steve Martin is a comedy genius!

Inspector Clouseau on finding the Pope's stolen ring: "Ah, the Pope's ring! His wife will be happy to have that back."

Inspector Clouseau to a late arriving member of the Dream Team: "Now let me bring you up to speed...We know nothing! You are now up to speed."

Say it with a artificial Frenchman's English and one has an instant formula for comicality! I am usually not a fan of slapstick dramas. Moreover, this movie was overwhelmed with negative reviews from movie critics -- just like the predecessor. But it reached #4 on its opening weekend. Quite good, I'd say. I'll add that I think the sequel is better than the original. Few other movies have earned that accolade from your truly.

Go watch it.

3 comments:

  1. Just got a copy of it and was going to watch it over the weekend. You just raised my expectation there. I know who to find if it's bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post your evaluation here too! I'm keen to hear your point of view too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice stay home flick. =) I will check it out.

    BTW if you're on long leave and want to catch Californication I've got a copy at home. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete