Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yoga

I went for my very first Yoga class yesterday evening. It was easier than I had expected. Love the Tree pose, Lotus pose, and all the exotic names the instructor used. Hell, I even like just saying "I just came from Yoga". (In fact I did. Bump into a friend on my way home and told him that. Like the sound of it.)

My limbs are aching so much today. The Yoga poses really stretch your muscles. I had worked muscles I never knew existed! The leg lifts were really difficult for me and my whole body was quivering with exhaustion just holding that pose for 20seconds. But when I feel the achy feeling in my abdomen, my back muscles, my upper arms and my calves and thighs, I knew I had a good workout yesterday.

For someone who hasn't exercised for the last two years, signing up for Yoga class is a major milestone for me. Why did I decide to break my exercise fast? Age. And health. As we get older, exercise is more important than you imagine. Oh well, you won't understand that until you realise you recover slower from an illness than five years ago, your paper cut takes days instead of hours to heal, your giggly tummy takes weeks to disappear even though they used to flatten after two days of dieting.

Also, I've been having a persistent upper backache for the last 10 years. Yes, a decade. It's time to do something about it. I'm confident the stretching poses in Yoga will help.

And every lifestyle queen needs tone arms and flat stomach to pull off those Cavallis and McQueens. Not to mention the healthy glowing skin after you work up a sweat. What better way to achieve them than some chi chi Yoga class?

I'm going to Yoga tomorrow. (I really like the sound of it.)

2 comments:

  1. went for my first yoga session last sat... completely agree with the effort required to hold the pose!... secs feel like mins..... started perspiring halfway through the session.... but hey! all the sake of health n beauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah! They even have your very own pose: Tree Pose...

    ReplyDelete